Long Day's Journey into Mystery
Watching the Tony Awards telecast last Sunday, I found myself coming up with
comics-related twists on the titles of various plays and musicals. The game continued for several days until my list grew long enough to split into two — one for Marvel, one for DC (last post) — even after paring down by about half. Some entries are more accessible to non-comics-reading folks than others; the only rule was passing over titles that wouldn't need to be changed at all, such as The Iceman Cometh or Beauty and
Now take your seats for my...
Top Twenty Marvel Comics Broadway Mashups
20. You're a Mole Man, Charlie Brown
19. Dirty Rotten Fandral
18. Jess Is the Spider-Woman
17. Bring in da Noise, Bring in da Hulk
16. Thoroughly Modeled Millie
15. Lady Sif at Emerson's Bar & Grill
14. Mandarin of La Mancha
13. Twelve Angry X-Men
12. A Slim Summers Night's Dream
11. Who's Afraid of Virginia, Wolverine?
10. Sunday in the Park with Forge
9. Two Gentlemen of Genosha
8. Frankie Raye and Johnny Storm in the Claire de Lune
7. Children of a Lesser Woodgod
6. Much Ado about Man-Thing
5. Luke Cage aux Folles
4. Sat-Yr-9, or Change
3. Damn Yancys
2. You Can't Take It, the Living Colossus, With You
And the Number One Marvel Comics Broadway Mashup...
1. Volstagg and the Angry Inch
Don't forget to check out DC Comics on Broadway in the last post — and see a dozen
of my honorable (?) mentions in the comments below, where you can share your own!
Kindred Posts: It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time •
Hungry Like Marv Wolfman • They're Magically Suspicious