Ozy Ozy Ozy




I know that the above won't mean anything to anyone who hasn't both seen Game of Thrones and read Watchmen, but I'm guessing that a large swath of this blog's dedicated visitors is folks who have.

Adrian Veidt, the genius tactician known as Ozymandias, clearly has more going on upstairs than petulant boy king Joffrey Baratheon even if you factor in their age difference. Yet my mind immediately jumped to Veidt when I saw a certain picture of Joffrey yesterday, and I was fortunate enough to quickly find images of the insufferably entitled characters in similar poses. Veidt certainly would've made a fine Lannister.


Game of Thrones image © 2011 HBO. Photo: Unknown. Watchmen panel detail © 1986 DC,
although it should be © 1986 Alan Moore & Dave Gibbons. Pencils, Inks: Dave Gibbons.
Colors: John Higgins. Text/Juxtaposition: Brian Saner Lamken for
Blam's Blog.


5 comments:

Arben said...

"Whoa"? Don't you mean "Oy, oy, oy"? Ha!

El Qué said...

I totally want Joffrey to be Ozymandias' brat sidekick. (Kid Rameses?)

Blam said...

Ozyboydias!

Blam said...

... The Adventures of Ozymandias When He Was a Boy.

Blam said...

Man, I'd really like to think that I could whip up a little drawing while watching the game tonight, but I'm afraid that it's only going to end up in frustration.