I came up with an even dozen entries for this week's Top Ten contest over at the Late Show with David Letterman website. You probably know the drill by now; in case you don't, there's an explanation of how the contest works from my first Top Ten post on the blog — although there's no prize for winners anymore beyond satisfaction and bragging rights. I didn't feel like repeating myself here, but a similar explanation can be found in most of these posts, and if you'd like to browse through all Top Ten posts just click on that last link.
Most categories are either seasonal or keyed to something in the news, and this week's is no different. Here are my...
Top Twelve Least-Popular 2012 Prom Themes
12. We'll All Judge Each Other One Last Time
11. Our Favorite Student/Faculty Romances
10. Party Like We'll All Have Jobs
9. How Would Jesus Dance?
8. A Night Away from Algebra and In-School Day Care
7. Mimes! Mimes! Mimes!
6. Nothing but the Foxtrot
5. Embrace Your Acne
4. Hey... Remember 2011?
3. A Dialectic between Postmodernism and Traditional Literary Structures
2. Putting the "Prom" Back in Promiscuity
And the Number One Least-Popular 2012 Prom Theme...
1. The Hunger Games: 500 Students Enter — 1 Student Leaves