Late and Mean
Posting has become difficult again.
I admit that it's never easy, but sometimes yet another new Blogger problem crops up or I forget about an old one because I'd been avoiding it for a spell or I just don't have the patience to deal with the workarounds, repetition, and troubleshooting. And that's when I put up the bottle of Devil Tylenol from Hell or its predecessor, the can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup — which you may recall is an ancient Internet tradition begun by Mark Evanier, practiced by an unknown number of folks including me and, I was glad to see recently, at least one online pal of mine. It's also when I share another batch of word-verification definitions if possible, a phenomenon explained on the dedicated page of this blog that collects them all to date.
• ashible — [ash ih bull] adj. Made of such substance as will be reduced to powder by burning.
• Boxidect™ — [boks ih dekt] It's ten — ten — ten boxes in one!
• caticeph — [kat ih sef] n. A being with a feline head.
• compi — [kahm pi] n. Toast for a gratis helping of 3.14159 oz. of saké. [Ooh... Multilingual humor!]
• dabless — 1. [duh bless] n. What dapriest does to daflock. 2. [dab liss] adj. Lacking hair product.
• fergpod — [furg pahd] n. How new singers for The Black-Eyed Peas are grown.
• fiersh — [feersh] excl. Drunk Christian Siriano's catchphrase.
• gatillin — [gat till in] v. Usin' yer gun ta work the field 'cause y'ain't got no rake.
• healinc — [heel ink] n. A medical conglomerate.
• inglid — [ing lid] n. Cap on a jar of gerunds.
• merfloth — [mur floth] n. What a lisping sea siren uses for oral hygiene.
• oxorber — [oks or bur] n. Collector of bovine eyeballs.
• patizzle — [puh tih zull] n. Where Snoop Dogg enjoys his lemonade.
• pumince — [poom inss] n. Finely chopped cougar.
• radom — 1. [rad um] adj. Haphazardly missing letters. 2. n. [rah dum] Domain of the Egyptian sun god. 3. [rad ohm] n. Meditative chant used at nuclear power plants.
• snall — [snall] n. Noise made by uppercrust English dogs.
• subtr — [sub tr] v. Take away the last few letters of a word. (You can then put them in a test tube and separate them in a — wait for it — subtrfuge.)
• TopoLido — [toh poh lee doh] Pool attraction featuring Aquaman's octopus buddy at the Super Friends amusement park.
• unamir — 1. [ahn ah mee air] A friendly French consonant. 2. (UNAmir) [yoo en ah meer] High-ranking Middle Eastern delegate to the United Nations.