I finally have the blog's first stand-alone page up, and it's a collection of my word-verification definitions (with an explanation for the uninitiated). Here's another installment of such things in celebration, its content already added to the page.
A quick, unrelated note for percussion aficionados: The Late Show with David Letterman is promoting this as Drum-Solo Week. Late Show drummer Anton Fig, Shiela E, the legendary Roy Haynes, and Rush's Neil Peart will be hitting the skins 'n' cymbals Monday through Thursday, respectively.
• applayer — [ap play ur] n. Someone hooked on their smart-phone games.
• bedness — [bed niss] n. The Joss Whedon term for sleeping: "After a night like that, I'm just looking for some quick snackage and the bedness."
• boation — [bo shun] n. Movement on a seafaring craft.
• distendee — [diss ten dee] n. A swelled guy.
• Ennismic — [en iss mik] adj. Of or relating to the writer of Preacher, Hitman, The Boys, et al.
• exest — [eks est] adj. 1. The most former. 2. (exEST) n. A transplant from the Atlantic coast of North America.
• Fitican — [fih tih kun] The workout room at the Vatican.
• gundowar — [gund uh wor] n. Battle of the stuffed animals!
• incide — [in siyd] n. Death that be not al fresco.
• lacti — [lak ty] pl. n. Milk-producing desert plants.
• matiest — [may tee est] adj. Having the most Australian friends.
• modad — [moh dad] n. 1. Extra fathers. 2. (comics fans only) Modok's dad.
• ovent — 1. [oh vent] n. Exhaust valve for an egg. 2. [uh vent] n. Nickname for category in the Kitchen Olympics.
• peeven — [pee ven] v. Annoy producers, castmates, and theatregoers by dropping out of a play due to Mercury poisoning.
• prenect — [pree nekt] v. Know in advance how you're going to put something together.
• recocoa — [ree koh koh] v. Enjoy a second cup of hot chocolate.
• Saffisms — [saff iz umz] pl. n. Notable quotes from Edina's daughter on Absolutely Fabulous.
• squac — [skwak] n. A traditional Mexican dip made with avocado, spices, and yellow-crowned night heron.
• tudier — [too dee ur] adj. Having more sass.